Jul 04, 2017 - Fixed an issue that was allowing the White Walker script to be loaded with the base version of the game v220.127.116.11 Patch Notes Bug Fixes - Set the number of allowed Prophets on Huge sized maps to 6, as it was changed to 7 with Gathering Storm and there are currently only 6 religions V1.1.0 Patch Notes: New Features.
|Civilization VI: Gathering Storm|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Android|
|Release||February 14, 2019|
|Genre(s)||Turn-based strategy, 4X|
Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm is the second official expansion pack for the turn-based strategyvideo gameCivilization VI. It was released on February 14, 2019, about a year after the release of the first expansion Civilization VI: Rise and Fall. It is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux. The expansion adds new features, civilizations, leaders and wonders. It received generally positive reviews upon release.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm is the second official expansion pack for the turn-based strategy video game Civilization VI.It was released on February 14, 2019, about a year after the release of the first expansion Civilization VI: Rise and Fall.It is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux. The expansion adds new features, civilizations, leaders and wonders. Minimum system requirements. System requirements: Windows 7x64 / Windows 8.1x64 / Windows 10x64; Processor: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz; Memory: 4 GB RAM; Graphics: 1 GB & AMD 5570 or nVidia 450; DirectX: 11; Storage:. In Gathering Storm, the second expansion to Civilization VI, the world around you is more alive than ever before. Chart a path to victory for your people by developing new advanced technologies and engineering projects and negotiating with the global community in the World Congress on critical issues. Epic put out a $10 coupon (MEGA SALE 2020 COUPON,) so if you want the improved game features, gathering storm expansion is $9.99 with the coupon. View Entire Discussion (5 Comments) More posts from the civ6 community.
The focus of the Gathering Storm expansion is improving the game world with the weather and how human action affects it in the last eras of the game. The player has to face how their environment changes over time, whether randomly or as a consequence of their environmental decisions.
The expansion introduces natural disasters in the form of volcanic eruptions, river floods, rising sea levels, hurricanes, dust storms, blizzards, tornadoes, and droughts. Players are given ways to mitigate these by building improvements such as dams or sea barriers. Additionally, some of these events can be beneficial to players; for example, after river floods and volcanic eruptions, affected tiles may have their yields increased. The frequency of these events is affected by a new climate system. Late-game buildings can have their effectiveness improved by providing with the new power resource, which can be obtained by burning resources such as coal and oil. However, doing so will increase CO2 levels in the atmosphere, increasing the frequency of disasters. Players are also able to research green power alternatives such as solar, wind and geothermal power stations. The Future Era returns by adding new Technologies and Civics that will be unlocked randomly.
World generation is also changed: new terrain features, geothermal fissures and volcanoes, spawn along mountain ridges separating continents, and floodplains now spawn in larger clusters exclusively along rivers. Mountain ranges, rivers, volcanoes and deserts are now named after the civilization that discovered them. For example, a river discovered by the English might be named the Thames, whereas one discovered by the French could be named the Seine.
Diplomacy is also revamped, with the Diplomatic Victory condition and World Congress from previous games returning with the difference that you will need to accrue a certain number of Diplomatic Victory Points that can be earned in various ways and you will have to win votes multiple times, showing the diplomatic leadership in the different eras, in order to achieve diplomatic victory. The way in which votes are influenced are called Favors, which can increase the weight of your vote. The new Favor currency and a new Grievances system replace the base game's Warmonger score. The World Congress brings the players a lot more control over building resolutions from different components the way you might a peace treaty, and the international community votes on whether or not your resolution is carried in the session of the World Congress.
Civilization 6 Gathering Storm Epic Games Key
A number of systems from the base game and the previous expansion Rise and Fall have been tweaked, including the addition of more Historic Moments, a new Governor, improvements to the espionage system and changes to the science and culture victory conditions.
Nine new leaders and eight new civilizations were also introduced, alongside a variety of new units, natural and world wonders, a new technology and civics era and two new scenarios - The Black Death and War Machine, based on the 14th century pandemic of the same name and the WWI German-French conflict in Belgium respectively.
New civilizations include among others:
- Hungary, led by Matthias Corvinus, who specializes in levying units from city-state allies;
- the Māori, led by Kupe, who uniquely start off at sea and are encouraged to preserve the natural environment;
- Canada, led by Wilfrid Laurier, which has unique units and abilities within cold climate tiles;
- the Inca, led by Pachacuti, who gain unique benefits in relation to mountains;
- Mali, led by Mansa Musa, which can generate great deals of wealth from deserts and trading routes;
- Sweden, led by Kristina, who receives benefits to culture and tourism as well as great people;
- the Ottoman Empire, led by Suleiman, with abilities and units to support sieging of cities,
- Phoenicia, led by Dido, with numerous benefits from ocean tiles and the ability to move their capital city freely.
- A unique leader, Eleanor of Aquitaine, can serve either as the leader of the English or French, and takes loyalty from cities near her Great Works.
Civ 6 Gathering Storm Leaders
Gathering Storm received generally positive reviews from critics according to review aggregatorMetacritic.
The game was nominated for 'Best Original Choral Composition' and 'Best Original Soundtrack Album' at the 18th Annual G.A.N.G. Awards, for 'Game Beyond Entertainment' at the 16th British Academy Games Awards, and for 'Video Game Score of the Year' at the ASCAP Composers' Choice Awards.
Civ 6 Gathering Storm Epic Games Key
- ^'Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Available February 14, 2019'. Yahoo! Finance. November 21, 2018. Retrieved December 8, 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ abcdScott-Jones, Richard (November 21, 2018). 'The full Civilization 6: Gathering Storm interview'. PCGamesN. Retrieved January 9, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ abcdefghiHafer, T.J. (November 20, 2018). 'Civilization 6: Gathering Storm will introduce disasters and player-created climate change'. PC Gamer. Retrieved January 9, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Brown, Fraser (November 28, 2018). 'Civilization 6: Gathering Storm's Hungary makes friends so it can crush enemies'. PC Gamer. Retrieved December 11, 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Bailey, Dustin (December 4, 2018). 'The Maori join Civ 6: Gathering Storm, and they start the game at sea'. PCGamesN. Retrieved December 11, 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Chalk, Andy (December 11, 2018). 'Canada in Civilization 6 has hockey rinks, Mounties, and has to declare war politely'. PC Gamer. Retrieved December 11, 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'The Incan Empire Moves Mountains in Civilization 6: Gathering Storm'. sludgefeed.com. December 18, 2018. Retrieved December 21, 2018.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Scott-Jones, Richard (January 8, 2019). 'Mali is coming to Civilization 6 and will have more money than you'. PCGamesN. Retrieved January 8, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Brown, Fraser (January 16, 2019). 'Civilization 6: Gathering Storm's Sweden lets everyone fight over Nobel Prizes'. PC Gamer. Retrieved January 16, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Scott-Jones, Richard (January 22, 2019). 'The Ottomans arrive in Civilization 6 to beat you up and build cannons'. PCGamesN. Retrieved January 22, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Brown, Fraser (January 29, 2019). 'Weather Civilization 6's Gathering Storm as the nautical Phoenicians'. PC Gamer. Retrieved January 29, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Scott-Jones, Richard (February 5, 2019). 'Eleanor of Aquitaine is coming to Civilization 6 to take your cities (peacefully)'. PCGamesN. Retrieved February 5, 2019.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ ab'Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm for PC Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 19, 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Wilson, Kelly (February 13, 2020). 'Game Audio Network Guild Announces 18th Annual G.A.N.G. Award Nominees'. The Hype Magazine. Retrieved February 28, 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Stuart, Keith (March 3, 2020). 'Death Stranding and Control dominate Bafta games awards nominations'. The Guardian. Retrieved March 5, 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'Vote in the 2020 ASCAP Composers' Choice Awards'. American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. May 7, 2020. Retrieved May 26, 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)